now tweeting

 

Sunday 16 March 2014

Waiting zones

Mumbai is a crazy city and I love it.  I like the bustle and hustle and the noise and the smells, well almost all the smells.  I've got very comfortable weaving my way through the people and traffic and enjoying watching and joining in with the masses of people getting on with their lives. 


Recently my eye has been drawn away from the action the business and the activities to the quiet waiting that happens everywhere.  People, entirely comfortable in their spaces just waiting.  I do a lot of waiting too, just standing and watching and waiting to see what happens.  Here are two fellow waiters I watched recently:


Well, it's Mumbai, if  you wait long enough something's going to happen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello,

Very nice blog. I love your photographs. I'm reaching out to you to see if you would ever be willing to review any Hindi language learning books. My company, Tuttle Publishing makes some of the most popular Hindi books and I'd love to send you one or more to review. Since you actually live in India, you would have a very unique experience. Book reviews make for great posts and you'd get some free books too :)

Please let me know what you think. Here are our books:
http://www.tuttlepublishing.com/language-books/hindi

Best,
Mike
mpage@tuttlepublishing.com