now tweeting

 

Thursday 2 May 2013

Mumbai Mannequin Man

I tend to become fond of odd little sights on regular journeys and feel the need to spot them when I cross their paths.  A kind of visual OCD I suppose.  I've seen this guy so many times as I have passed in taxis but usually,  and unusually for Mumbai, we've been going too fast to capture him.

male mannequin headless on balcony in Mumbai
He's out on his balcony all year round.  My memory might be playing tricks on me but I am pretty convinced that sometimes he wears a jacket.  

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Nicely said....!!

magiceye said...

Wow! Lovely find and capture!

Anonymous said...

I like the visual OCD bit. I seem to suffer from it. An awesome observation. Curious to know how he would pose in a jacket.

amasc said...

It's not the best picture I've ever taken but I'm happy to have recorded him.

If it's a real memory and not a memory of a dream, I've seen him in a green military style jacket with epaulettes - that's sounding rather fanciful. I'm edging towards the dream explanation.

Anonymous said...

Anne,

Your blogs header image is too big, don't you think ?

amasc aka Anne said...

Too big? Why do you think that?

I agree it's big, it's huge, massive even but I love the colours and textures and it takes me mere moments to scroll over them.

Having said that it's due for a seasonal update soon. I have a lovely picture of a very badly spelled road works sign that's destined to be the new blog header.

I can, however, make no guarantees of what size it will be :)

Anonymous said...

Fingers crossed. I hope you don't give the billboards competition. :P

BombayJules said...

Your blog header is quite big but it is stunning - like your own blog billboard - you can't miss it on the expatblog websites. Don't go changing!

amasc aka Anne said...

Hi Jules, I love the elephants too but sometimes I feel the need for a seasonal change. I'm looking for a good monsoon related header at the moment. They'll be back though.