now tweeting

 

Monday 17 August 2009

New Motorbike Helmet

It's been put off for too long, we've been driving around with Vietnamese helmets knowing that they're not going to do a lot of good if there's an accident. Off we went to the Saigon Scooter Centre to get a couple of Italian Vemar helmets. We were 50% successful but I have to wait for the smaller sizes to come in in the next consignment. However the difference is very clear.

New Helmet Front
The one on the right is properly shaped and padded using excellent materials, it's light and comfortable to wear and makes you feel safe.
The one of the left is mine.
New Helmet Side
It's a plastic bowl.

5 comments:

lsutiger9904 said...

I like the way you described the cheap made helmet. lol

Simon Owens said...

Hey there, my name is Simon Owens and I work for an Asian news organization. Could you please shoot me an email at simon.bloggasm@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

No need to buy Italian. The helmets from http://www.asiainjury.org/main/protec.html are fine and cost a fraction of the Italian variety.

amasc said...

Thanks for the link Anon. A bit late for me now but I'll pass the information on to others.

Mubeen said...

Good helmet. Seems sturdy. The visors swap out easy if you read in the instructions.

motorcycles dealers