now tweeting

 

Monday 1 December 2008

Lotte Mart

Saigon is abuzz with excitement, ok, the Korean community is a bit excited and I am abuzz with excitement.

Lotte Mart Saigon, opening 18-12-08

HCMCs first fully modern "Western" style supermarket, except that's it's Korean so is it still Western? More reports from the wall of kim chee once it's open.

If mega-retailer investment in Vietnam is your thing there's a fairly interesting article here
and for a few more pictures of the interior taken since it opened go here

3 comments:

r. streitmatter-tran said...

I'm also dying to see what's in there. It's been under construction forever. I pass it everyday on the way to work. The weird thing is, several months back, they had signs on the fences for Uniqlo, the Japanese "Gap". I was totally excited about that.

amasc said...

I know that Uniqlo has retail outlets in Lotte Mart stores in Korea. Too much to hope for I suppose but it's all adding to the suspense. So far all I've been able to glance on the upper floor is a Fahasa outlet.

r. streitmatter-tran said...

I think I also spotted a pizza hut on the ground floor. hoot hoot!