now tweeting

 

Thursday 29 November 2007

The earth moved

Last night at around 10.15 I was typing up some reports when the chair I was sitting on seemed to sway and felt as though the legs were about to give way, there were two waves of this accompanied by a dizzying sensation then nothing. No noise, the geckos stopped geckoing and the builders next door stopped metal grinding.

There were no other shocks and five minutes later everything started up again. I checked the internet this morning, it was a 4.8-magnitude earthquake which struck southern Vietnam.

The epicentre was off the coast of Vung Tau, east of HCMC. No injuries or damage have been reported.

Back to pictures of things that make me look twice in the next posting. Christmas is gearing up, I've seen six children wearing Santa outfits already and it's not even December.

No comments: